Call 520.621.0898 to speak with an enrollment counselor today

University of Arizona Resolution Process

The University of Arizona is committed to helping resolve complaints in an equitable and timely manner.  University of Arizona students with complaints or concerns are encouraged to first utilize the University of Arizona’s internal complaint or review policies.  Most concerns can be resolved internally before contacting external state resources. 

UA students are encouraged to first speak with the student’s faculty member concerning academic issues. If an issue cannot be resolved at that level, a student may contact the academic department head for information on how to proceed. 

If the issue involves a dispute concerning a grade received in an undergraduate course, the grade appeal policy appears here in the University catalog. For matters involving allegations of academic integrity, policies can be found here with the Dean of Students office.

For undergraduate concerns not met by the above policies, students may also contact the Dean of Students office directly for further information on how to proceed.  Graduate students can find the Graduate College Grievance Policy here.  

In addition to the aforementioned resolution processes, the University of Arizona maintains links to a variety of consumer information and contacts.  Another valuable resource unique to the University of Arizona is the University Ombuds Program, which provides a neutral, informal, confidential and independent resource for any academic or workplace concern.

If an issue submitted to the University of Arizona by a student is unresolved and involves a complaint arising under State laws, an Arizona Board of Regents policy or any other matter, the student may contact the Arizona Board of Regents (in accordance with 75 Fed. Reg. 66865-66, Oct. 29, 2010), by visiting the ABOR web site or by submitting a request directly. Students may also call the ABOR office at 602-229-2500.

SARA Complaint Process

The Arizona SARA Council has jurisdiction over Arizona SARA-approved institutions, including The University of Arizona, in relation to non-instructional complaints. Instructional complaints, such as grade grievances, are not reviewed by the Council and should not be submitted for review. Prior to registering a non-instructional complaint with the Arizona SARA Council, the student/complainant must complete The University of Arizona’s and the Arizona Board of Regent’s complaint processes, as listed above.  Non-instructional complaints may be submitted to SARA here.

Students also have the right to contact state authorization or accrediting agency contacts for specific issues.

For online students who are residents of states outside of Arizona, consumer inquiries may be directed to the following consumer protection agencies.

The University of Arizona is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).  Questions concerning the University of Arizona’s compliance with criteria for accreditation can be directed to: 

Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411