The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) with a major in Public Health is designed to promote an understanding of health and disease based on public health principles. The primary goal of the program is to prepare students to work in public health to improve the quality of life of individuals and communities. The curriculum provides general knowledge regarding public health principles and practice. Field work provides students with an experience that incorporates classroom learning into public health practice and prepares them for future employment.
Admissible applicants will be admitted to Pre-Public Health. Qualified students who have completed all necessary pre-requisite courses, including lab science coursework not currently offered online by the University of Arizona, will progress into the Public Health major. Requirements to progress to the major include:
- University of Arizona GPA greater than 2.500
- Completion of all pre-health prerequisite courses with a grade of C or higher*. Students may have up to 10 units of prerequisites still outstanding at the time of application.
2016-2017 Major in Public Health Curriculum Guide
- *Except for ENGL 102 or the equivalent second semester English course, which requires a grade of B or higher.
- Prerequisites can be found using the above curriculum guide.
- Completion of the major application, including resume and statement of objectives.