Library and Information Science
Master of Arts
Online Master's in Library Science Programs
- U.S News & World Report, 2019
of All Higher-Ed Institutions
- Center for World University Rankings, 2020
College of Social And Behavioral Sciences
The Master of Arts in Library and Information Science (MA LIS) covers various disciplines, ethics, and values of library and information science augmented by an interdisciplinary approach to knowledge and information.
Depending on your career interests, you can concentrate your coursework in areas such as:
- archival studies
- academic, public, special, and law librarianship
- digital information management
- legal information and scholarly communication
- medical and community health information
Our curriculum reflects the diversity of library and information environments. It touches the areas students will eventually work and the populations they will serve.
The MA LIS is a 37-unit degree program accredited by the American Library Association.
*Residents of some U.S. Territories may not be eligible. Please see our Eligibility & State Authorization page for more information.
The curriculum for this program includes: