of All Higher-Ed Institutions
-Center for World University Rankings, 2022
In Best Value Among Arizona's Public Universities
- Payscale, 2022
College of Applied Science & Technology
Build a solid foundation in virtualization and cloud technologies that will boost your confidence and enhance your training in the field of cloud computing.
Earning this certificate will equip you with the technical skills to effectively design, operate, maintain and leverage virtualization and cloud technologies. Your advanced skills will support businesses, government and non-governmental organizations making you an asset to any organization.
You will gain hands-on experience in virtualization technologies, general cloud technologies, Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services. You will also learn advanced topics such as incident response, defense techniques and penetration testing.
By earning your certificate in cloud computing, you signal to employers that you have dedicated the time and energy necessary to tackle complicated infrastructure issues.
This program serves a diverse student population, training technically-minded students in the nuances of developing, storing, protecting and leveraging the elasticity provided by cloud technologies. The introductory course will provide a baseline in virtualization technologies and an introduction to cloud technologies. Follow-up courses will focus on leading cloud services, as well as discussion of advanced topics on cloud computing.
Students are required to have a fundamental knowledge of networking and basic security concepts.
*Residents of some U.S. Territories may not be eligible. Please see our Eligibility & State Authorization page for more information.
The curriculum for this program includes:
Earning your Undergraduate Certificate in Cloud Computing will build core skills, including:
- Virtualization technologies
- General cloud technologies
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure
- Applying cloud concepts, architecture and design
- Critically assessing key components of cloud security
- Identifying and assessing issues associated with cloud legal, risk and compliance
- Applying the high-level cloud landscape, architecture and design principles
- Implementing techniques, design patterns and industry best practices
- Developing a cloud security architecture
- Applying industry best practice security controls to a notional or real-world virtualization deployment
- Assessing virtualization architectures for costs versus benefits and return on investment
- Explaining cloud computing concepts to business stakeholders
Graduates of the Undergraduate Certificate in Cloud Computing program will be prepared to pursue careers in the following positions:
- Cloud Infrastructure Architect
- Cloud Architect
- Software Architect
- Cloud Customer Operations Engineer
- Cloud Operations Engineer
- Full-Stack Developer
- Cloud Engineer
- Data Engineer
- Front End Developer
- Back End Developer
- Systems Administrator